the VI Conference of The Latin American and Caribbean Network on Services Research (REDLAS) that will take place on 21 and 22 September 2017 in San Jose, Costa Rica. This event is locally organized by the Costa Rica Ministry of Foreign Trade and Costa Ric
REDLAS members come from diverse disciplinary backgrounds: economics, geography, sociology, psychology, political science and planning. They are mostly part of universities and research institutes, while others are employed in governments, international organizations and the private sector. REDLAS is present in many Latin American countries and it has been supported by the European Association for Research in Services (RESER) (www.reser.net) and the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC).
The sixth REDLAS Conference proposes to discuss and analyze the following topics (for more information,
please see http://conferenciaredlas2017.blogspot.cl/):
· New niche of services based on digital economy, big data and other innovations.
· Trade negotiations, public policies and Public Private Partnership to promote trade in services and their participation in Global Value Chains (GVCs)
· Facilitation and other kinds of servitization of goods exports
· Case studies of specific fields and companies
· The contribution made by services to trade and sustainable development
· Automation opportunities and challenges in the services sector
We invite you to send a summary of your paper. It should be no longer than 3 pages, including objectives, methodology, main results conclusions and contributions to knowledge. It must be submitted before May 15th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.